Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Other Woman
 
So Chris, this Isabella giving you three ships
Why can't she send her husband on one of these trips?
Tell me, what will you be giving her in return?
Why is it, dear, that you have made her your concern?

She says she wants you to discover some new lands
But if you go, our divorce will be on her hands.
I forbid you to desert us here in Madrid,
Because I am not gonna mind the house and kid.

Grow up Chris, it's the fifteenth century for God's sake
She simply has to give as much as she can take.
I am no idiot, three ships for nothing, uh?
And yet you say she has no designs on you?...duh!

Can't you see she is setting you up for a fall?
She simply has to be the Queen of Madrigall
'Cause everyone knows you can't discover somewhere
When there are thousands of Indians already there!

So you're determined to jeopardize our vows, Chris?
We used to share so much maritial joy and bliss
'Til Mrs. Royalty ruined our happy life.
Well listen, no more will I be a cheater's wife!

It's five years later: Chris and I are now divorced
'Cause I decided: no more will I be coerced
To remain at home barefoot and pine away, oh no,
While he is gallivanting as her gigolo.

I heard that he discovered some new lands for her
So she proudly crowned him her Royal Voyageur,
But he later returned, adorned in chains to Spain...
A broken man, never to sail the seas again!

1 comment: